GLOW Awards to honor those making Middle Tennessee brighter
Posted: October 10, 2019 by GLOW
Honorees will receive private party to enjoy GLOW’s millions of holiday lights
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 10, 2019) — GLOW, Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience, is now accepting nominations for The GLOW Awards, presented by First Tennessee Bank (soon to be First Horizon Bank). Online nominations will be open through Thursday, Nov. 14 for individuals who live or work in Middle Tennessee.
Each honoree will receive a private holiday party at GLOW for up to 20 people—plus the opportunity to act as the guest of honor for a ceremonial lighting of GLOW’s millions of lights.
“The real reason Nashville glows is because of its people, and The GLOW Awards celebrates those who help make Middle Tennessee glow year-round through their dedication to selfless service and giving back. We are delighted to partner with First Tennessee to recognize honorees at this inaugural holiday event.”Chris Stacey, founder and CEO of GLOW
Located at First Tennessee Park (soon to be First Horizon Park) and home to the Nashville Sounds, GLOW opens Nov. 22 and runs through Dec. 31. The event features one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees, millions of lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, epic ice skating and tubing experiences, a life-size Santa’s Workshop and many more immersive activities designed to create memories for all ages.
“GLOW may be Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience, and we know Music City is already one of the brightest and best places in the country. What better way to celebrate this season of giving than highlighting the people that give to our community most?”Carol Yochem, First Tennessee Bank’s Middle Tennessee President
Nominations can be made for Middle Tennesseans from the following categories:
- Student – A K-12 or college student who is making a difference in his or her school or community.
- Educator – A teacher who goes above and beyond to build up future leaders.
- Non-profit volunteer – An all-star volunteer who’s helping a non-profit in Middle Tennessee advance its mission.
- First responder – A firefighter, police officer or EMT who goes out of their way in service.
- Hometown hero – An active or retired military service member who’s making an impact locally.
- Other – Anyone who holds a significant role in the community but doesn’t fit into the other categories.
Finalists will be selected by the GLOW Awards committee and notified by Nov. 17. The general public will then help select the honorees in each category during the finalist voting period from Nov. 18 to Nov. 24, with the final honorees being announced by Nov. 29.
Highlights of GLOW will include:
- Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience – Wander through magical displays of millions of lights adorning hundreds of larger-than-life custom holiday sculptures. Marvel at the tallest Christmas tree in the South at over 100 feet.
- Santa’s Workshop – Stop in for a behind-the-scenes look at the elves hard at work (and play), story time with Mrs. Claus and visits and photos with Santa himself.
- Frozen Fortress Ice Skating Rink – A crystal-clear, three-story-tall frozen fortress with an elevated viewing platform is the centerpiece for this stunning ice skating rink. Lace up your skates and glide around (or through) this spectacular, custom-built creation.
- Reindeer Run Tube Park – Kids, couples, friends and even Santa himself will want to grab a tube and race down this thrilling 32-foot-tall, 170-foot-long tube park, built over the stadium seats. The climb to the top alone is worth it for the beautiful views of the downtown skyline.
- Blitzen’s Band Box – In partnership with Strategic Hospitality Group, Blitzen’s is sure to be the “it” spot for adults ages 21 and up to sip on custom holiday cocktails while enjoying epic views of millions of lights and the Nashville skyline, along with fire pits, igloos and themed entertainment.
- Mistletoe Café – It wouldn’t be Nashville or the holidays without live entertainment. All ages will love recapping their on-the-field experience over a cup of hot chocolate in this cozy indoor haven featuring classic Christmas music, movies and holiday snacks.
- Winterfest Market – With 25+ curated local craft vendors, there will be plenty of opportunities to find authentic Nashville gifts for someone special this holiday season.
- VIP Experiences – With upgraded VIP tickets, guests can enjoy the warmth and comfort of the club level lounge at First Tennessee Park and a rotating menu of chef-curated meals, epic elevated views of Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience and access to the best cocktails of the season.
- Group Holiday Parties – A limited number of private suites overlooking Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience are available, complete with food and beverage menu options from Centerplate Executive Chef Jerry Infantino.
GLOW is produced by CEO Chris Stacey, COO Aaron Clark and CTO Patrick Wallain. They are the founders of the award-winning Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival, which hosts 100,000 fans annually and was ACM’s Festival of the Year in 2017. The team has also produced events for large brands including Nike, TED, Starbucks, AVP Beach Volleyball and more.