GLOW, Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience, to Light Up First Tennessee Park This Holiday Season
Posted: July 25, 2019 by GLOW
NASHVILLE, TN (July 25, 2019)—Nashville is preparing to get lit this holiday season. Literally.
GLOW, Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience, will take over First Tennessee Park, home of the Nashville Sounds, starting November 22 for an immersive 36 nights of unparalleled holiday magic and unforgettable photo-worthy moments.
“We are packing millions of holiday lights to this beautiful ballpark, just minutes away from downtown Nashville,” said Chris Stacey, Founder and CEO of GLOW and award-winning festival producer. “The sheer size and scale of our custom light sculptures has never been seen before in the region, and—with one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees and many other interactive activities like ice skating and tubing—GLOW is poised to become one of the Southeast’s top holiday attractions.”
“GLOW is a holiday event unlike anything Nashville has experienced before,” said Adam Nuse, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of the Nashville Sounds. “We have always wanted to activate First Tennessee Park during the holiday season, and GLOW is beyond anything we could have imagined. We look forward to being part of a new holiday tradition that is perfect for families, couples or a night out with friends.”
“Our city has come into its own as a holiday destination in recent years, and we are delighted to have an exciting new option for locals and visitors alike so close to the downtown core,” said Butch Spyridon, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corporation CEO. “With GLOW operating through New Year’s Eve, it will be a great addition for Music City Bowl visitors and those attending our New Year’s Eve Bash.”
Highlights of GLOW will include:
- NASHVILLE’S BRIGHTEST CHRISTMAS EXPERIENCE – Wander through magical displays of millions of lights adorning hundreds of larger-than-life custom holiday sculptures. Marvel at the tallest Christmas tree in the South at over 100 feet.
- SANTA’S WORKSHOP – Stop in for a behind-the-scenes look at the elves hard at work (and play), story time with Mrs. Claus and visits and photos with Santa himself.
- FROZEN FORTRESS ICE SKATING RINK – A crystal-clear, three-story-tall frozen fortress with an elevated viewing platform is the centerpiece for this stunning ice skating rink. Lace up your skates and glide around (or through) this spectacular, custom-built creation.
- REINDEER RUN TUBE PARK – Kids, couples, friends and even Santa himself will want to grab a tube and race down this thrilling 32-foot-tall, 170-foot-long tube park, built over the stadium seats. The climb to the top alone is worth it for the beautiful views of the downtown skyline.
- BLITZEN’S BAND BOX – In partnership with Strategic Hospitality Group, Blitzen’s is sure to be the “it” spot for adults ages 21 and up to sip on custom holiday cocktails while enjoying epic views of millions of lights and the Nashville skyline, along with fire pits, igloos and themed entertainment.
- MISTLETOE CAFÉ – It wouldn’t be Nashville or the holidays without live entertainment. All ages will love recapping their on-the-field experience over a cup of hot chocolate in this cozy indoor haven featuring classic Christmas music, movies and holiday snacks.
- WINTERFEST MARKET – With 25+ curated local craft vendors, there will be plenty of opportunities to find authentic Nashville gifts for someone special this holiday season.
- VIP EXPERIENCES – With upgraded VIP tickets, guests can enjoy the warmth and comfort of the club level lounge at First Tennessee Park and a rotating menu of chef-curated meals, epic elevated views of Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience and access to the best cocktails of the season.
- GROUP HOLIDAY PARTIES – A limited number of private suites overlooking Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience are available, complete with food and beverage menu options from Centerplate Executive Chef Jerry Infantino.
GLOW is produced by CEO Chris Stacey, COO Aaron Clark and CTO Patrick Wallain. They are the founders of the award-winning Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival, which hosts 100,000 fans annually and was ACM’s Festival of the Year in 2017. The team has also produced events for large brands including Nike, TED, Starbucks, AVP Beach Volleyball and more.
For tickets or additional information, visit www.glowholiday.com or follow @GLOWholiday.
GLOW—Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience—is the newest must-see holiday attraction in the Southeast. Located at First Tennessee Park, home of the Nashville Sounds, GLOW features one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees, millions of lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, over-the-top ice skating and tubing experiences, Santa’s workshop and much more. GLOW will operate from 4-10pm for 36 nights from November 22 through December 31, 2019. Learn more at www.glowholiday.com, or follow @GLOWholiday on social media for updates.