GLOW partners with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital®
Posted: November 01, 2019 by GLOW
Nashville’s newest holiday experience to benefit children with cancer, other life-threatening diseases
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Nov. 1, 2019) — GLOW, Nashville’s brightest holiday experience, today announced a fundraising initiative to support the mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital: Finding cures. Saving children.®
When purchasing tickets to GLOW online, guests have the option to add $1, $5 or $10 to their ticket price. Proceeds will support St. Jude, which is leading the way the world understands, treat and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
“Giving is a very important part of the season. Through this partnership with St. Jude, we’re able to support these children during the very special holiday season.”Chris Stacey, Founder & CEO of GLOW
“We are so appreciative of this new initiative by GLOW to support St. Jude families not only right here in our city but around the world. Thanks to generous donors – families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.”Allison Buchignani, ALSAC (The fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude)
GLOW will take over First Tennessee Park, home of the Nashville Sounds, starting Nov. 22 for an immersive 36 nights of unparalleled holiday magic and unforgettable photo-worthy moments.
Highlights of GLOW will include:
- Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience – Wander through magical displays of more than 4 million lights adorning hundreds of larger-than-life custom holiday sculptures. Marvel at the tallest Christmas tree in the South at over 100 feet.
- Santa’s Workshop – Stop in for a behind-the-scenes look at the elves hard at work (and play), story time with Mrs. Claus and visits and photos with Santa himself.
- Frozen Fortress Ice Skating Rink – A crystal-clear, three-story-tall frozen fortress with an elevated viewing platform is the centerpiece for this stunning ice skating rink. Lace up your skates and glide around (or through) this spectacular, custom-built creation.
- Reindeer Run Tube Park – Kids, couples, friends and even Santa himself will want to grab a tube and race down this thrilling 32-foot-tall, 170-foot-long tube park, built over the stadium seats. The climb to the top alone is worth it for the beautiful views of the downtown skyline.
- Blitzen’s Band Box – In partnership with Strategic Hospitality Group, Blitzen’s is sure to be the “it” spot for adults ages 21 and up to sip on custom holiday cocktails while enjoying epic views of millions of lights and the Nashville skyline, along with fire pits, igloos and themed entertainment.
- Mistletoe Cafe – It wouldn’t be Nashville or the holidays without live entertainment. All ages will love recapping their on-the-field experience over a cup of hot chocolate in this cozy indoor haven featuring classic Christmas music, movies and holiday snacks.
- Winterfest Market – With 25+ curated local craft vendors, there will be plenty of opportunities to find authentic Nashville gifts for someone special this holiday season.
- VIP Experiences – With upgraded VIP tickets, guests can enjoy the warmth and comfort of the club level lounge at First Tennessee Park and a rotating menu of chef-curated meals, epic elevated views of Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience and access to the best cocktails of the season.
- Group Holiday Parties – A limited number of private suites overlooking Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience are available, complete with food and beverage menu options from Centerplate Executive Chef Jerry Infantino.
GLOW is produced by CEO Chris Stacey, COO Aaron Clark and CTO Patrick Wallain. They are the founders of the award-winning Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival, which hosts 100,000 fans annually and was ACM’s Festival of the Year in 2017. The team has also produced events for large brands including Nike, TED, Starbucks, AVP Beach Volleyball and more.
GLOW—Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience—is the newest must-see holiday attraction in the Southeast. Located at First Tennessee Park, home of the Nashville Sounds, GLOW features one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees, more than 4 million lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, over-the-top ice skating and tubing experiences, Santa’s workshop and much more. GLOW will operate from 4-10pm for 36 nights from November 22 through December 31, 2019. Learn more at glowholiday.com, or follow @GLOWholiday on social media for updates.
About St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Its purpose is clear: Finding cures. Saving children.® It is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center devoted solely to children. Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since the hospital opened more than 50 years ago. St. Jude won’t stop until no child dies from cancer. St. Jude freely shares the discoveries it makes, and every child saved at St. Jude means doctors and scientists worldwide can use that knowledge to save thousands more children. Families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing or food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live. Join the St. Jude mission by visiting stjude.org, sharing stories and videos from St. Jude Inspire, liking St. Jude on Facebook, following St. Jude on Twitter and Instagram and subscribing to its YouTube channel.