World’s Tallest Digital Angel Tree to Debut in Nashville at GLOW
Posted: November 12, 2019 by GLOW
Salvation Army Marks 40th Anniversary of Angel Tree in Ceremony on Nov. 22
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Nov. 12, 2019) — The Salvation Army and GLOW, Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience, are teaming up to bring the world’s tallest digital Angel Tree to life in Music City.
To honor the 40th anniversary of Angel Tree, the widow of its founder will help light a 100-foot-tall LED tree on November 22 when GLOW opens to the public for the first time at First Tennessee Park.
“When its founders Lieutenant Colonels Charles and Shirley White introduced Angel Tree in Nashville, the concept took off like wildfire and millions have now benefited from it. Lieutenant Colonel Charles White passed away earlier this year, but his legacy lives on. During the holiday season, about 3 million people across the nation rely on The Salvation Army to provide toys for their children on Christmas morning or a warm meal on Christmas Day.”Major Ethan Frizzell, Nashville Area Commander for The Salvation Army
Visitors to GLOW, which runs Nov. 22 through Dec. 31, will have the opportunity to digitally adopt angels signified by the 100-foot-tree from The Salvation Army’s on-site kiosks. Visitors may also donate to the Salvation Army through the digital kiosks, the GLOW app or by visiting glowholiday.com/angeltree beginning Nov. 22.
GLOW features millions of lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, ice skating and tubing experiences, a life-size Santa’s Workshop and many more immersive activities for all ages.
“Given Angel Tree’s ties to Nashville, we could not think of a better charitable partner for Nashville’s newest must-see holiday attraction than The Salvation Army. The holidays are about giving back, and we are honored to be able to help The Salvation Army pay tribute to the Whites and to further its mission.”Chris Stacey, GLOW CEO and Founder
Highlights of GLOW will include:
- Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience – Wander through magical displays of millions of lights adorning hundreds of larger-than-life custom holiday sculptures. Marvel at the tallest Christmas tree in the South at over 100 feet.
- Santa’s Workshop – Stop in for a behind-the-scenes look at the elves hard at work (and play), story time with Mrs. Claus and visits and photos with Santa himself.
- Frozen Fortress Ice Skating Rink – A crystal-clear, three-story-tall frozen fortress with an elevated viewing platform is the centerpiece for this stunning ice skating rink. Lace up your skates and glide around (or through) this spectacular, custom-built creation.
- Reindeer Run Tube Park – Kids, couples, friends and even Santa himself will want to grab a tube and race down this thrilling 32-foot-tall, 170-foot-long tube park, built over the stadium seats. The climb to the top alone is worth it for the beautiful views of the downtown skyline.
- Blitzen’s Band Box – In partnership with Strategic Hospitality Group, Blitzen’s is sure to be the “it” spot for adults ages 21 and up to sip on custom holiday cocktails while enjoying epic views of millions of lights and the Nashville skyline, along with fire pits, igloos and themed entertainment.
- Mistletoe Cafe – It wouldn’t be Nashville or the holidays without live entertainment. All ages will love recapping their on-the-field experience over a cup of hot chocolate in this cozy indoor haven featuring classic Christmas music, movies and holiday snacks.
- Winterfest Market – With 25+ curated local craft vendors, there will be plenty of opportunities to find authentic Nashville gifts for someone special this holiday season.
- VIP Experiences – With upgraded VIP tickets, guests can enjoy the warmth and comfort of the club level lounge at First Tennessee Park and a rotating menu of chef-curated meals, epic elevated views of Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience and access to the best cocktails of the season.
- Group Holiday Parties – A limited number of private suites overlooking Nashville’s Brightest Christmas Experience are available, complete with food and beverage menu options from Centerplate Executive Chef Jerry Infantino.
GLOW is produced by CEO Chris Stacey, COO Aaron Clark and CTO Patrick Wallain. They are the founders of the award-winning Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival, which hosts 100,000 fans annually and was ACM’s Festival of the Year in 2017. The team has also produced events for large brands including Nike, TED, Starbucks, AVP Beach Volleyball and more.
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army annually helps more than 23 million Americans overcome poverty, addiction and economic hardships through a range of social services. By providing food for the hungry, emergency relief for disaster survivors, rehabilitation for those suffering from drug and alcohol abuse, and clothing and shelter for people in need, The Salvation Army is doing the most good at 7,600 centers of operation around the country. In the first-ever listing of “America’s Favorite Charities” by The Chronicle of Philanthropy, The Salvation Army ranked as the country’s largest privately funded, direct-service nonprofit. For more information on how The Salvation Army is serving here in Nashville, visit SalvationArmyNashville.org.
GLOW—Nashville’s brightest Christmas experience—is the newest must-see holiday attraction in the Southeast. Located at First Tennessee Park, home of the Nashville Sounds, GLOW features one of the country’s tallest Christmas trees, millions of lights adorning larger-than-life sculptures, over-the-top ice skating and tubing experiences, Santa’s workshop and much more. GLOW will operate from 4-10pm for 36 nights from November 22 through December 31, 2019. Learn more at glowholiday.com, or follow @GLOWholiday on social media for updates.